Need inspiration for this Earth Day?Offsetters highlights recent global stories on innovative carbon management Ap...
Offsetters is Canada’s leading carbon management solutions provider, supporting leading organizations in voluntary and regulated carbon markets. We provide carbon and water footprinting services, life cycle assessments, environmental and sustainability reporting, sustainability marketing support, and custom software solutions. We also help our clients meet voluntary and compliance carbon offset obligations with our portfolio of projects, including clean technology and land based offsets from North America and around the world. We were the Official Offset Supplier to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, and the offset sponsor of the Canadian Olympic Team for the 2012 Summer Games.
We believe that Offsetters is the place for smart, fun and passionate people. We're a small company with lots of interesting people from a variety of backgrounds, and we all agree it's a great place to work.
Working at Offsetters
We offer a ‘holistic’ benefits package, including:
- Completive salary and performance based bonuses
- Flexible work hours
- Full benefits package
- Flexible work location - work from home or a coffee shop or on the go when you need to
- Regular performance reviews and engagement surveys to make sure everyone is challenged and happy
- Continual learning – just keeping up with the fast changing carbon market keeps us all on our toes. Plus there are lots of opportunities for conferences, webinars, seminars, etc.
- Fresh organic snacks and produce from SPUD.
- Coworkers who are passionate about the environment, their jobs, and life in general.
Values and Culture:
It sounds cheesy, but we've learned from experience that 'cultural fit' really is an important factor when hiring new team members. Our 'core values' are passion, integrity, and possibility and when we did some brainstorming about what this means, we came up with this list:
- Commitment to the end goal, flexibility to the process
- Enthusiastic conviction
- Relentless education of ourselves and our clients and partners
- Driven, responsive
- We are true to ourselves and honest with others
- We act with courage and make hard choices
- We are open and transparent in our communication with each other
- We build relationships based on collaboration and shared values
- We create new ways to catalyze change
- We demonstrate knowledge and willingness to learn
- We recognize opportunities and anticipate outcomes
- We inspire stakeholders
- We visualize success
- We imagine and experiment
- We get ‘er done
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, and working closely with both the Senior Manager, Advisory Services and our team of Associate Consultants, the Project Manager will oversee and deliver thorough and accurate assessments of greenhouse gas footprints for companies, products, services and events.
This role is initially a one-year maternity leave coverage contract, but has the potential to grow into a full time role at the end of the contract subject to business requirements.
The Project Manager will also be a technical lead on proposals and provide support on broader business development strategies.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Managing and conducting greenhouse gas assessments in a variety of contexts for companies, products, services and events
- Writing, editing, filing and managing project documents and reports
- Supporting the continuous development of analytical models and tools for Advisory Services, ensuring a consistent approach and level of rigour in all GHG assessments
- Providing internal quality assurance and supporting the quality control processes in place with our clients
- Networking with existing contacts and building relationships with key people to expand our client base
- Reading and sharing news on carbon management practices in B.C. and around the world
- Supporting our Client Engagement Director in managing relationships with clients and others
- Supporting other team members in other duties as requested
- University degree in Environmental Sciences or Business Management
- Minimum two years of analytical work experience
- Demonstrated ability to balance the requirements of international protocols with the realities of business
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience working on a variety of projects, managing budgets and schedules
- Ability to both see the big picture and execute the details
- Demonstrated success working as the lead member of a project team
- Strong skills and experience working with Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, other languages are an asset
- Business development experience would also be an asset
- Self-starter: Strong sense of initiative and ability to self-manage
- Multitasking: Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing a number of projects
- Detail orientation: Quality performer – able to focus on details even in times of high pressure
- Collaboration: Works closely with a team of internal and external partners to execute tasks efficiently and effectively
- Leadership: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and strategic thinking as a role model to analysts and an expert for our clients
Key Reporting Relationships:
Reports to: COO
Closely relates to:
- Sr. Project Manager, Advisory Services
- Associate Consultants, Advisory Services
- Director, Client Engagement
- Director, Sales
Submit a cover letter and resume to care...@offsetters.ca by April 18, 2013. Please include "Project Manager, Advisory Services" in the subject line.